Thursday, December 08, 2005

Iraq - The "Good" News

As a Democrat, I again find something the Republicans do, stupid!

The United States is paying millions of dollars for Iraqi journalists to write stories about events that really didn't happen to make the Iraqi's think that the U.S. was making headway in the war. Can you believe this! Actually paying newspaper in Iraq to carry pro-occupation stories!

However, these stories are proportedly written by the Administrations spin-doctors, not by the journalists themslves, who then put Iraqi journalist names on them. It was reported that the U.S. military gives Iraqi journalists monthly payments (through PayPal, maybe?) to put these stories in their papers! It figures, they don't even trust the good Iraqi's to trust us!

It doesn't really infuriate me like I thought it would, but it just makes me shake my head and think, "God, what else could they do toscrew up this country ANY more than it is now. I'm almost thinking we need to cut our losses and run, instead of doing a steady pullout.

And, as an expert on T.V. pointed out, we're obviously not forcing our First Amendment on them!

-Adam

No comments: