Friday, December 30, 2005

My Apologies, I Was Wrong...

Several days ago, I posted a story titled "NO President Should EVER Say This", in which I reported that President Bush, referring to the Constitution, said "it's just a goddamn piece of paper!" I have, after doing some research on the internet, determined this story to be completely false.

The story, which I picked up from the website Capitol Hill Blue , has been criticized online by Democrats and Republicans alike. The story never appeared on the news networks either, which should have been a huge tip-off!

Capitol Hill Blue's website says that each story posted must have two independent, confirmed sources. I cannot confirm or deny, however, that the rest of the stories on the site are true, but I believe that this story is false.

I give my sincere apology to anyone who was offended or misled by the story. While I'm not the original author, I still decided to post the story without finding secondary sources first. I did not intentionally mislead you, and I promise I never will.

Please accept my apologies. In the future, I will try to confirm the story through other sources before posting.

My sincere apologies. Thank you,

-Adam

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran it too:

http://omnipotentpoobah.blogspot.com/2005/12/great-big-cup-of-mea-culpa.html
http://omnipotentpoobah.blogspot.com/2005/12/mea-culpa-update.html

Good to you for sticking to the principled road. If we don't, we no better than "them".

Anonymous said...

As one of "them," I applaud your integrity and intellectual honesty. Too many libs out there (Michael Moore is their god) will stop at nothing to trash the president in any way they can. That's not good for America, and that doesn't lead to honest and fair discussion of real ideas. I will continue to appreciate this blog as one that is at least interested in a fair debate.

blog.wittmania.com

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.