Thursday, December 08, 2005

November 4, 2008 - Election Day

November 4, 2008 could possibly be one of the mot important days ever!

The nation had a chance to take President out of office November of 2004, but didn't. I disagree wit the "majority" of Americans. I put that in quotations because, unlike the 2000 elections, the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a report stating that there was a good chance that the 2004 elections were stolen. However, they don't say whether it was stolen by everyday hackers, or Republican agents.

I recommend that you search the internet for the GAO report. I'd list it here, but I don't remember where I found it.

Anyway, now we have a chance to "CHANGE the course", and given Bush's recently poll numbers, a majority, and please note that I DIDN'T use quotations, want a change in the government. In a recent question, 60% of those asked say they want the next president "competely different" than our current president, while only 38% said they want someone who "is the same". Last time I checked, 60% is a HUGE majority, and even if 10% change their minds, a majority will still want some one way different than what we got now.

Which brings me back to November 4, 2008. On that day, we have the ability to choose someonw who will support the current rhedoric, pending that there is some "rebirth" in the Republican Party, which I doubt, or we can make a change. Let's make a change!

I personally support Hillary Clinton. I know not everyone in the Democratic Party supports her, especially conservative Democrats in the South. But Mrs. Clinton has a lot of experience already. The First Lady doesn't just sit around and clean the Execuative Mansion. There is a lot of politics involved. She's also done a great job as the Junior Senator from New York, as many of her constituients would probably agree. Yes, as the Republicans have pointed out, in the past year of so, she has made a shift to the center, to try to appeal to all members of the Democratic Party, but Republicans do the sam thing, they just don't talk about it.

If, for some ungaudly (ungodly?) reason, if she isn't selected as the Democratic nominee, I support Bill Richardson. Governor Richardson has tons of experience. He has served his country as a Congressman, the U.S. Ambssador to the United Nations, and the U.S. Secretary of Energy under the great President Bill Clinton. He is currently the Governor of the hotly-contested state of New Mexico, which went red in 2000, but blue in 2004. Gov. Richardson has served the people of New Mexico well, and would make a great President. Richardson is so clean, the Republicans can only talk about the fact that he supposedly "lied" about being drafted by the A's, the professional basebal team. Richardson actually DID think that he was drafted to play, but he never did. I don't remember why he didn't.

Now of course, my dream realistic dream ticket would be Clinton-Richardson or even Richardson-Clinton. My unrealistic dream ticket would be (Bill) Clinton and John Kerry, but I don' think that will, and certainly Constitutionally CAN'T, happen. But could Kerry-Clinton happen? Hmmm? Anyway, back to reality, Hillary Clinton running with Bill Richardson in EITHER combination would work well, and almost guarantee a win. The only ticket that would give them a run for their money would be Guliani-McCain or McCain-Guilani. That'd be a great ticket.

Now here's the interesting part. If one of those Republicans ran with one of those Democrats, that would make a GREAT ticket. I would prefer that the Democrat be President and The Republican be Vice, but I MIGHT be persuaded to vote for them if it was the other way around. Senator Joe Biden, D-Delaware, as said on record that he would love to be on a ticket with John McCain, R-Arizona, in either capacity. I might be persuaded to vote that ticket, also.

To sum thing up, we need a change. The Democrats I mention above will definately change the course the U.S. is going. The Republicans I mention might do the same, but may need some Democratic guidance.

Of course there are other Democrats and Republicans running in 2008, but these are my favorites. If either Clinton or Richardson get elected to EITHER capacity, it will be the first time a woman or Hispanic will have been elected to the highest or second-highest office in the country. I'd vote Democrat in 2008, but that's just me!

-Adam

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you like what you see in Bill Richardson. Lots of us do -non-New Mexicans like me who think that this guy's incredibly qualified and a great leader. Check out the Bill Richardson Blog if you like - I'll be checking back in. :)