Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Why It Was Right For Tookie To Die

Stanley "Tookie" Williams was executed 22 1/2 hours ago. And you know what? I feel NO remorse for him!

No, you don't have to check, I AM a Democrat! But not all Democrats are against the death penalty. In fact, California, which is one of the Blue-est states in the country, supports the death penalty at a rate of about 70%! So, most agree that people like Tookie should've died!

For those of you questioning why Stanley Williams had to die, read my previous posts.

I think that my first "Weekly Article", which will start appearing on here shortly, will be about the death penalty. But for today's post, I will explain why "Tookie" Williams had to die.

He killed Four (4) people! Writing childrens books won't change that fact. He did the ultimate crime against man! What gives him the right to end others' lives? The answer? Nothing! Williams did the crime, and he must do the time. But this time, the "time" was death.

Put yourselves in the shoes of the families of the victims. Someone took the like, NO, someone INTENTIONALLY murdered, one (or in the other case, four!) member of your family, someone you loved! I'd want them to die! I'd love to do it myself, but that would never be legal, so we resort to the Government to get justice for us.

Many of you out there, for some reason, don't support the death penalty! This strikes me as funny. Republicans are considered the religious party, and the Bible says that one man should not take another mans life, but they're ALL for the death penalty. The Democrats are less religious (but many of us still are!), but many of them don't believe in the death penalty. That's messed up. It's backwards!

Everybody should support the death penalty. If the Republicans can do it, then the Democrats can do it. But actually, most Democrats do, I think. It's just that the people we elect don't always believe in it. But some Republicans don't believe in it, either. Wasn't it a Republican Governor who commuted all 180+ death row inmates in Indiana before leaving office?

We should support the death penalty. Stanley Williams did a bad thing, and we have juries so that a fair punishment can be carried out. They've fried people for doing MUCH less than what Williams did, and they were executed. But suddenly, writing books, denouncing that you were in a gang, but not denouncing killing people, will save your life?

Heck, if I commit a crime ever, which I hope I never do, I'll do him one better. I'll direct a movie about what I did, and say that it's wrong! I'll be granted a pardon by the President himself! C'mon people!

He did the crimes. He was guilty. I don't know who else could've done it! At the trial, Williams said "You should have heard the way he sounded when I shot him". And he commited four murders all for $200! How sad!

Tookie's co-author of the books, Barbera Bechnel, called Gov. Schwarzenegger a "cold-blooded murderer". Now, I don't share many views with the governor, but no one should be called that, unless they DID murder someone in cold blood, like Williams did! And she pointed out a "conspiracy" to kill Williams, which any logical person knows isn't true. She has the right to her own views, but c'mon, you've got to be kidding me! Some people can't accept it when someone does something bad.

So far, this hasn't been blown into a race-related thing. If it does become that, it's definately not true! The government doesn't do that anymore. Anyone who thinks that if there were more people of African decent on the jury, that the judgement would be any different, is crazy. IF that happened, those people wouldn't hold up their civic duties. It's wrong to judge someone based on race!

So anyway, Stanley "Tookie" Williams did something bad, and now he's been executed for it! Someone on the radio suggested that a page be added to each of Williams 9 books, explaining that on December 13, 2005, he was executed for his crimes. She said that would get the point across that violence is wrong! I doubt it will happen, but it's an interesting thought, none-the-less.

-Adam

No comments: